- To create a stimulating environment which reflects our values and promotes a sense of self worth and community.
- To build strong collaborative partnerships with families and the local community.
- To provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum that combines excellence in teaching with enjoyment of learning.
- To recognise and plan for a range of learning styles and interests, to ensure all children have equal access to the curriculum enabling them to reach their full potential.
- To promote social, cultural, moral and spiritual development, supporting pupils and staff to become confident and responsible members of society.
- To establish an atmosphere in which each child has a positive self-image and where individual achievements are valued by all.
- To include all members of the school community in the process of school improvement and self evaluation.
RMS provides a Values-based Curriculum. This means that we promote and teach a set of values to our pupils that will ensure they develop the skills to be good citizens in the future. We support our curriculum with a set of principles (values) that are woven into teaching and learning in order to develop improved social and emotional skills that will positively affect behaviour.
“There are 11 values that we consider to be universal:
Each month we lead a special values Assembly, teachers also explicitly teach the ‘Value of the Month’. Wherever possible the value of the month is taught in other areas of the curriculum. Most importantly, adults in the school ensure that we are role-models for each of the values.
Teaching children values improves pupils’ self-esteem, improves their behaviour and raises standards of learning even higher.